How do I reseal my headlights after baking open?
- Begin applying oem grade butyl sealant into the channel of you headlamp. Apply enough to fill the bottom radius of the headlight channel.
- After sealant is placed into the groove, press together slightly and re-bake the headlights at 240 degrees for 12-20 min. Make sure your oven is fully finished pre-heating before placing headlights inside.
- Using oven mitts, remove the heated assembly and press the lens together further. For best results use clamps at several points around the headlight.
- Allow the headlight too cool for 30 minutes then remove the clamps.
- Once cool, remove the excess butyl glue by pulling quickly away from the lamp.
How to reseal headlights after cutting open
- step 1: use a hot knife or soldering iron to melt the plastic back together (plastic weld)
- step 2: Silicone around your weld
- Step 3: smooth out your sealant
- Step 4: let headlights dry completely
- Step 5: inspect seal + test your headlights with a hose before reinstalling headlights back onto vehicle.